Friday, November 26, 2010

A long one!!

Better late than never right? I really want to get better at taking more pictures, I have this amazing camera that I just had to have that I still don't know how to operate except taking a normal picture that anyone can take, I really want to take a photography class or just hang out with someone who knows how to operate one and can teach me some tricks!


Friday night I hung out with Keith and his friends, we stayed at his house drank some beers and played they played some wii golf. Saturday we just relaxed didnt do much, actually I cant remember what we did during the day! We decided about half way through the day since it had been windy we should head up to skyline so I could take some good pictures and actually see because there wouldn't be any smog! We didnt end up making it up there in time to take pictures before it got dark! Again I dont know how to work my camera so my night shots totally sucked! Here is about half way up skyline overlooking Corona!
Blurry!
no flash


 It was freezing and windy that night we went to a big cement helicopter landing, hung out for a few minutes then headed back home!

Sunday was a day full of firsts for me! We woke up and headed up to Silverwood Lake to do some dirt bike riding! Todd had just bought a new for him bike the weekend before and was ready to get "nasty hitting the flats" from his mouth! 

I have never been up to Silverwood
(not my picture but this is what it looks like)
Our plan was to go to an area that was flat were I could attempt to learn to ride! We ended up going to another place, it was a fire access road and Bryan assured me that I would be fine nothing crazy!

The bike!
 
We started off the ride and I felt like I was doing good! There were 6 of us and from past experiences with quads I know to ride at my own pace and not to even attempt to keep up with the more experienced people. Keith and Michael were riding behind me which made me feel a little bad cause I was going so slow, I don't think I think I only made it in to 3rd gear by accident! The road had some hills and turns I made two it was simple. The boys went ahead of me which made me feel better I wanted them to have fun and not be walking their bikes next to me!

appropriate for what happens next

We came down a small hill that had a turn in it, I got to far on the outside of the turn I knew I should be that far out and wanted to get more in. As soon as I thought that I hit some soft dirt and went flying straight into a barbed wire fence! The bike landed on top of me and I was on top of the fence, at this point it didn't hurt, I later found out I screamed so loud that Todd who was pretty far ahead of me and on the loudest bike ever heard me and stopped and told Keith I had went down! I am not sure if the scream came from me crashing or when I went to get up my arm was literally stuck to the fence and the only thing I knew to do was rip myself off! BAD IDEA I should have waited 30 seconds for the guys to get back to me and help me but I didn't!

I wasn't sure how hurt I was I climbed up to the road and took of my helmet all I felt was a burning sensation in my armpit and around my back. Keith was inspecting me and the look on his face when he looked at my shoulder was not good! I still didn't know what was wrong I just wanted to take my shirt off, after I did I looked at my shoulder and almost threw up. I had a very deep gash and a cut down my forearm! He went back and got his truck and we headed to the hospital! If you have a week stomach don't look at my next pictures!

So 7 stitches later and some scabs and bruising I was all better! And I we are going out again this weekend not to the same place I will always be looking out for fences now!


XOXO
Tressa

3 comments:

  1. Ouch lil lady!!! Be careful :(
    hope ur all healed up
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow girl... and I would love to show you how to use your camera.. what kind is it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hannah I would love for you to help me its a Canon Rebel xs dont know anything about it!

    ReplyDelete